Manager Production in Almelo
The Production Manager is responsible for managing and supervising employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. The focus is on capacity planning and assigning work, implementing policies and procedures, and recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. The Production Manager coordinates and supervises the flow of product between all lines and departments.
Responsibilities and essental functions:
• Manage, direct and provide leadership to all manufacturing personnel to accomplish established objectives and goals;
• Coordinate plant activities through the capacity planning with departmental managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner;
• Responsible for the implementation of production policies and procedures;
• Responsible for providing direction, development, training and leadership to production staff;
• Responsible for establishing and monitoring overall plant performance and quality standards for production;
• Responsible for monitoring and minimizing labor (overtime);
• Responsible for interviewing and assisting in the hiring of new employees; • Assist in employee relations issues and employee disciplinary actions.
Special circumstances / working conditions:
• International cross functional team work;
• Availability for travel, as needed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Knowledge and skills:
• Basic knowledge of MS office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
• Excellent communication, social, commercial, negotiations skills;
• Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment, and professionalism when representing the company;
• Thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment;
• Prior experience leading a team within a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent knowledge of Dutch; both oral and written skills;
• Good knowledge of English; both oral and written skills.
• Ability to prioritize workload by accurately estimating time and effort required to complete a task;
• Proactively oriented to exploit opportunities and identify potential problems;
• Ability to use your time, energy and resources in an effective manner to achieve set goals;
• Ability to identify the elements of a situation/ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems;
• Ability to lead a team.
• HBO level (Higher Profession education);
• Bachelor degree.
• Min. 5 years of experience in a similar role;
• Extensive experience within production organization;
• Experience in computer hardware preferred.
Reports to: Operations Manager:
Manages: Supervisors, Leads and Operators.
If you are interested or if want to have more information you can contact A. (Allard) van der Veen on the mobile phone number +31 (0)6 51 137 317. You can also react by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.